[joomla] Web conferencing or video recording for Joomla NYC presentations

Rolan Yang rolan at omnistep.com
Wed Jun 11 10:35:08 EDT 2008

Mitch Pirtle wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 8:01 AM, David A. Roth <davidalanroth at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I like the web conferencing idea! If it isn't doable, at least for now, I
>> think it would be very helpful to have the presentations recorded on video
>> and made available to be streamed in an archive. Of course, with the
>> permission of the presenter.

There's a free web conferencing app from zoho (www.zohom.com). It's like
webex, but free. Combine that with a skype conference and I think that's
all you'll need. There does not appear to be a feature in there to
record the conference though. If I come down to the meeting tomorrow,
I'll bring a mini hi-def cam to record the meeting. If someone has a
minidisc recorder it would provide a better soundtrack than the tiny mic
on the cam.

~Rolan