[joomla] NYCJUG June 12 meeting recap

forest mars compustretch at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 18:19:52 EDT 2008

Yes, I too find the scraps they throw to us to be delicious, arf arf!!

But seriously, I would give them 'cordial'  but let's face it, RH is a
staffing company, they are looking for bodies to place, and it's in their
interest to have user groups meet there to get some fresh meat.

Until I know exactly where the ball was dropped I certainly can't rule out
that it was actually just due to outright neglect on their part, based on us
not having a packed room of potential job takers. So I'm not going to give
them 'gracious', at least not for nothing.

That doesn't mean I'm not grateful, however; in fact I am. I understand it's
not always easy for groups to find places to meet. I just wanted to draw the
distinction between being 'grateful' and blindly crediting them with such
beneficence.

In general I take a more programmatic approach to things, and when my code
throws an error, it does me very little good to "try to be understanding",
however finding out what when wrong and how tends to keep the same error
from happening again.

Or maybe I'm just being too logical....

cheers,

Forest