[joomla] flv upload problems

D. Salemink Klikstudio debbie.salemink at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 06:11:04 EST 2008

Hi,
Maybe one of you can help me, because Im starting to pull my hair out!

I'm trying to upload flv (flash video) files to the media manager and
no matter what I do, I keep getting this error 'Unsupported media
type.'

In global setting I changed the upload max to 30mb (the files I try to
upload are 10 - 12 mb)
In php.ini I've changed the upload max to 40mb

In global settings I've added flv to allowed extension and video/flv
to mime types.

Just to make sure that this was not registering properly I went to the
database and checked the media manager paramns which reads this

upload_extensions=flv,bmp,csv,doc,epg,gif,ico,jpg,odg,odp,ods,odt,pdf,png,ppt,swf,txt,xcf,xls,BMP,CSV,DOC,EPG,GIF,ICO,JPG,ODG,ODP,ODS,ODT,PDF,PNG,PPT,SWF,TXT,XCF,XLS,FLV
upload_maxsize=30000000
file_path=images
image_path=images/stories
restrict_uploads=0
check_mime=0
image_extensions=bmp,gif,jpg,png,flv,pdf,doc
ignore_extensions=flv
upload_mime=image/jpeg,video/flv,image/gif,image/png,image/bmp,application/x-shockwave-flash,application/msword,application/excel,application/pdf,application/powerpoint,text/plain,application/x-zip
upload_mime_illegal=text/html

does anybody know what else I should / can do?

Regards,
Debbie Salemink