[joomla] OT: mac dvd ripping

Graham Spice graham at nuthinwerked.com
Wed Mar 5 12:51:28 EST 2008

I'd like to rip content from a DVD onto my intel macbook for editing and
eventual display on Google Video. I am creating the DVDs with a
stand-alone JVC DVD burner.

I've tried Handbrake and had trouble with the audio dropping out on
multiple machines. Ultimately, I'm hoping to rip particular segments of
the video rather than the whole thing. As long as the program rips to a
format that will load in Final Cut or the iLife
editor I can crop it.

Suggestions on software, free or commercial, would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance-
Graham