[joomla] instruction to hack?

Steven Wang sqwang01 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 27 22:46:25 EDT 2009

HI
I am successful in loading the virtumart. Thank you for everyone's help.

Now I am trying to get another component working. It is in a beta version now, and before it can work I need to perform 2 hacks.

1)
open the file ps_checkout.php, located at:
/your_site_root/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/ps_checkout.php
Then add some code.

2) Open the index.php of your Joomla! template probably located at:
/your_site_root/templates/your_default_template/index.php

My question is: Can I work this in joomla setting or do I have to use some other program (e.g., dreamweaver?) that can read/edit .php?

many thanks.