[joomla] list sig

Donna Marie Vincent donnamarievincent at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 11 08:12:50 EST 2009

Gary,

I agree that we should add an About Us page (#1-3).

And we do have a bio page and presentation page.  The bio page is called Card Exchange, for anyone who attends a meeting.  And all presenters are encouraged to add any materials from the slideshow to the website's Meetings/Presentations download section.

We don't have "regular presenters" and I don't think we ever will because people come and go.

As far as gathering info from the RSVP and developing a presentation or demo around the requests, I believe that would be a job in itself.  Are you volunteering for the job? ;-)   I believe that decisions about what presentations we are interested in should be done at the meeting by people who are participating in the meetings.  People volunteer their presentation, or volunteer to arrange for someone outside our group to come in and give a presentation, and we decide whether it is something we want at the meeting.

For people to email in and say I want to see this and learn that, and the rest of us jump and do it, I for one am not fond of that idea.  I think the group is based on mutual sharing, that people need to take the initiative to go on the Joomla.org site and other resource sites, and then follow up with discussions in the group.

Donna