[joomla] Multi Site Possibilites

Tony Vartanian tonyvartanian at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 21 13:25:28 EDT 2009

Hello everyone,

I have been doing some research on using Joomla in a multi site scenario.  I know Joomla does not support Multi Site, and the scenario is more about singal install, multi "customer" site.

Here is what I would like to achieve:

1) multiple customers having isolated Joomla website (no data sharing)
2) single install of the joomla codebase so that upgrade mgmt is streamlined
3) each customer would have thier own isolated db, not sinlge db with appended table names
4) each customer will have thier own linux user on a multisite VPS

Thanks in advance for your help and insight.
Tony V