[joomla] Any thoughts on why Joomla missed out?

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 15:10:03 EDT 2009

I dug around and asked a few people, and the feedback I got on the
WhiteHouse.gov site moving to Drupal was simply based on Obama's
election campaign being run on Drupal, which was actually chosen by
the firm that Obama's campaign chose to hire for building the site.

This looks to have been initially a developer decision, which turned
into a lasting relationship for folks that learned how to use Drupal.

IMHO this is still a very compelling story for Drupal, and I'm not
trying to detract from it. Just trying to uncover how the decision
process was made in order to understand the selection process; and
basically learned it was due to familiarity of the developer hired to
do the work.

Pretty cool, and a recurring theme with open source and government uptake.

And for the record, Forest, McCainSpace was KickApps powered. :^P

-- Mitch