[joomla] Any thoughts on why Joomla missed out?

Ryan Ozimek cozimek at picnet.net
Wed Oct 28 16:13:42 EDT 2009

Hi folks,

Reporting from inside the Beltway, I personally know the CEO of
Phase2. The connections between the Democratic party and Drupal date
back to the Dean campaign, and as a business owner in this sector,
I've seen the Drupal companies thoroughly dominate in this arena.

At the same time, Joomla is still the only open source CMS approved to
be used in US Congress (we at PICnet made that happen 3+ years ago)
and it's heavily entrenched in NGOs here.

I think Larry and Mitch have it right: we simply need to do a better
job sharing professionally crafted success stories. This is a big
topic that I speak about a lot at Joomla Days and on the OSM Board,
and I'm excited to gather best practices from others an move forward
in the right direction.

Best,
Ryan

Sent wirelessly.