[joomla] Any thoughts on why Joomla missed out?

Helvécio da Silva helvecio.rj at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 13:00:13 EDT 2009

The brazilian government has chosen to use Joomla in the Ministry of
Education webportal. It was launched in March 2009.

   - http://portal.mec.gov.br/

The ministry demanded a solution where there could be greater interactivity
between the ministry and visitors. Several components were developed for the
site. The owners of NOIX, the agency that was responsible for this project,
were present at Joomla Day Brasil in september. I had the impression things
happened this way because they knew Joomla and knew people in the
Government. These are the links to a post in NOIX about the new portal and
on to their presentation. Even if you don't speak portuguese, I believe
you'll get the bigger picture.

   -
   http://www.noix.com.br/noticias/portal-mec-no-peixe-grande-2009-chegou-a-hora-de-escolher-o-melhor-site-educacional-do-brasil
   -
   http://www.slideshare.net/joomladaybrasil/joomladay-brasil-2008-mec-presentation

Regarding governments, I don't think the best choice was THE choice. I don't
think Joomla missed out this time. Simply put, It was not there to be
evaluated, because Drupal was. If it's there already, why change?

Oh by the way, if you want to see more sites made with Joomla, try the
Showcase within the Joomla Community website:

   - http://community.joomla.org/showcase/

--
Helvecio "Elvis" da Silva
helvecio.rj at gmail.com