[joomla] Observations at Noble Desktop's free Joomla seminar

Stephen Britton sbritton at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 21:03:07 EST 2010

I was in SoHo today meeting with a potential client and noticed that
Noble Desktop was also holding a free "Build a Joomla website in an
hour" presentation a few blocks away so I checked it out.

The place was packed. Every seat was taken. I estimate that there were
at least 40 people in the room. All newbies and all asking good
questions, including the usual "How does Joomla! compare to Drupal and
WordPress?" Fortunately, the person giving the seminar is a Joomla!
fan.

It would be great if we could get more people to come to our monthly
meetings. As much as I enjoy hanging out with the dozen or so folks
who attend every month, it would great to expand the group. I know
that the WP Meet Up attracts between 60 to 100 to its monthly meetings
and between 20 to 40 people attend Drupal NYC.

We need to think about attracting new members to Joomla NYC in 2011.

--
Stephen Britton
Technology Consultant
sbritton at gmail.com