[joomla] Chrome: wow...just.....wow

Andy Dirnberger dirn at dirnonline.com
Mon Jan 25 10:38:47 EST 2010

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 10:30 AM, ozzie sutcliffe
<oz.sutcliffe at gmail.com> wrote:
> Add more RAM
> Oz

There's no reason a browser should need 750mb of RAM. Ever. Besides,
my PC at work is already maxed out. It also likes to max out one of my
four processor cores. Should I just add more of those, too?

Right now I have 10 Chrome processes running. They're using up about
235mb of RAM right now. Firefox, with one tab open, is using more.
(Although as I type this I clicked on Firefox to check the tab count
and see that it has since dropped. Maybe consuming RAM is Firefox's
way of saying it wants you to pay more attention to it.)