[joomla] I would be remiss not to mention

Gary Mort garyamort at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 12:15:01 EST 2010

This Joomla website: http://www.huntingforacure.info/

It is not pretty...but then I didn't pick the colors, nor solicit for
donations...and I'm having a little trouble figuring out what they want to
do to put up content.

I'll be using K2 for the "guestbook" soon...and then I need to figure out
how they can prepost things for the auction[probably just content].

This website has been one of the LEAST fun things I've ever done.  I hate it
with a passion.  But that's because it is a memorial/fundraising website for
my oldest brother, John, who passed away last November from lung cancer.

John was, quite simply, one of the best people on the face of the earth.  We
had VAST differences in political and religious views, but he never
dismissed another person's views - nor pushed his own - and he was always
very good at listening to your problem and giving advice[and by listen, I
don't mean the 'listen to poke holes where he disagrees'....but rather to
LISTEN and look a things from your point of view].

At his wake, my sister in laws sisters apparently tried to keep track of the
number of people who came to pay their respects...but they gave up when the
number went over 500....  People waited in line...out the door in the rain
to come through and pay their respects....One of the longest, most tediously
dreadful things I've ever gone through....and yet still it makes me glad to
know how many people loved John and came out to honor him.

In any case... as you can tell, I have great difficult not going on and on
about my favorite brother......so I'll close it there.

--
----
Hudson Valley Sudbury School