[joomla] Chrome: wow...just.....wow

Gary Mort garyamort at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 20:21:54 EST 2010

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 7:31 PM, Mitch Pirtle <mitch.pirtle at gmail.com>wrote:

> I tried Chrome just last weekend, and found it ugly and clunky. I find
> Firefox a memory hog (even with a clean .firefox/.mozilla folder) and
> it takes forever to load. Safari fires up wicked fast and just feels
> "right".

I use extensions.  Last time I checked, Safari didn't have a massive
database of extensions like Firefox and Chrome do.

However, even that said, the last time I seriously used Safari was over a
year and a half ago when I used windows.  Safari for Windows was
just...brilliant...  At the time I'd use Safari as my personal browser, and
Firefox for it's web developer features.

However, when I started using a Mac I found Safari clunky, weird, and
odd...  it's like for Windows they took the best of interfaces for both
Operating systems and created a gem...  For Mac it's....clunky.

Oh, and for websites I am going into the admin tool on a weekly basis... I
tend to use any browser I don't normally use.  IE I keep Opera around just
for admin work.  By using a completely separate browser for admin as I use
for personal use, I avoid any cross site scripting attacks[if I never log IN
to the admin site in my personal browser, than nothing can hijack that
logon].

--
----
Hudson Valley Sudbury School