[joomla] PHP IDE

Benjamin Hornedo ben at uptown4.com
Wed Jan 27 14:06:36 EST 2010

I just had a great discussion about PHP IDE's with some of my team mates at
NinjaForge. I think PhpEd from NuShpere is the best I've used on the Windows
platform. It has pretty much all the features you need for efficient PHP
development. I created a basic tutorial on setting it up for Joomla
development and they published it to their site, I believe it's still there.
The tutorial is for Joomla 1.0.x but the same idea applies for Joomla 1.5.x
development with PhpEd.

I highly recommend taking it for a test drive, and even purchasing it. It
has saved me countless hours and is a worthy investment for the serious PHP
developer.

Ben