[joomla] PHP IDE

Gary Mort garyamort at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 13:22:14 EST 2010

I'm curious how many of you are using an IDE these days and which ones you
favor?

For the longest time, I used Komodo IDE and it was great.  Then they had a
big leap to version 5.2 and the benefits of 5.2 outweighed losing the IDE,
so I switched over to Komodo edit[free] with the idea that if projects ever
take off I'll upgrade again.

I've tried Eclipse....hated it.  Clunky and junky - made for Java developers
by Java developers.

I've used the UltraEdit IDE and it is fantastic, but the IDE is windows
only.  I want cross platform these days.

I recently took a look at the latest feature set in NetBeans and it's
looking very very attractive.

Any thoughts?