[joomla] PHP IDE

Jeff Siegel jeff987654 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 27 16:39:37 EST 2010

There's now Ultraedit for Linux.
see: http://www.ultraedit.com/products/uex.html

Jeff

________________________________
From: Gary Mort <garyamort at gmail.com>
To: NYPHP SIG: Joomla <joomla at lists.nyphp.org>
Sent: Wed, January 27, 2010 1:22:14 PM
Subject: [joomla] PHP IDE

I'm curious how many of you are using an IDE these days and which ones you favor?

For the longest time, I used Komodo IDE and it was great.  Then they had a big leap to version 5.2 and the benefits of 5.2 outweighed losing the IDE, so I switched over to Komodo edit[free] with the idea that if projects ever take off I'll upgrade again.

I've tried Eclipse....hated it.  Clunky and junky - made for Java developers by Java developers.

I've used the UltraEdit IDE and it is fantastic, but the IDE is windows only.  I want cross platform these days.

I recently took a look at the latest feature set in NetBeans and it's looking very very attractive.

Any thoughts?