[joomla] joomla Digest, Vol 42, Issue 17

Mark Simko masimko at verizon.net
Sun Jun 20 19:39:14 EDT 2010

On Sun, 2010-06-20 at 12:00 -0400, joomla-request at lists.nyphp.org wrote:

> Message: 1
> Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 22:30:50 -0400
> From: David Roth <davidalanroth at gmail.com>
> To: "NYPHP SIG: Joomla" <joomla at lists.nyphp.org>
> Subject: [joomla] Developing Joomla websites using two screens. A way
> 	to	automatically refresh the second screen?
>
> I've been thinking about having a set-up where I'm using two screens
> for work with Joomla. One to make the changes and the other screen for
> the web page where I'd hit-reload after each change to see the result.
> But I wondered, is there an even better way to do this? Either on the
> Mac or Linux, is there a way to have the second screen automatically
> refresh (reload) about every 5 seconds? I develop on an intranet, so I
> wouldn't be hammering someone else's server every 5 seconds. Thanks!
>
> David Roth

I use multiple tabs in Firefox. IE also has multi tabbed browsing.
Alternately, you can use 2 browser windows. You can switch between tabs
in Firefox using Alt 1 for the first tab, and alt 2 for the second tab,
etc. If you have 2 browsers open, you can switch between with alt-tab.
Refreshing the browser is as simple as alt F5.