[joomla] Google Chrome issues with permanent redirections?

Herb Tucker htucker at covenanttek.com
Thu Mar 18 16:32:03 EDT 2010

Hi All,
I found this in Akeeba Backkup's documentation and thought I would pass it
along as I hadn't heard about this before now.
Does anybody know if this is actually an issue when working in the backend?

" Google Chrome 4 introduced a feature where it permanently "remembers"
redirections. Since redirections
are a key component to the internal working of Joomla!T, using Google Chrome
4+ to administer your
Joomla!T site can lead to unexpected results. Therefore we strongly
recommend against using it for any
site administration tasks. Akeeba Backup includes workarounds for Chrome's
behaviour, but we can't
guarantee that anything else in Joomla! (including installation) will work
smoothy."

Ciao',
Herb

Herbert M. Tucker