[joomla] Interesting discussion regarding hosts

Gary Mort garyamort at gmail.com
Sun May 30 13:34:18 EDT 2010

http://www.alltogetherasawhole.org/profiles/blogs/are-we-hurting-our-clients

I find this an interesting discussion.  In the end I'm not so sure it is
hurting clients to support them on cruddy hosts, but I certainly find it
hurts /me/ in hours of time trying to figure out cruddy setups and such, or
a new interface, or anything else.

I've often felt like getting into the web hosting aspect simply to
consolidate things on one platform...something like 50$/month for website
space and support in an environment I choose and control so I don't have to
figure out all those oddball settings.

Roll it up as part of the delivery package so they get between 4 and 6
months free upon delivery.  After that, they either will appreciate the
service and want to continue, or they can joomlapack[erm Akeedo backup] the
website and move it.