[joomla] need help with Lyftenbloggie

Ellen Rothwax ellen.rothwax at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 14:58:37 EDT 2010

Hi All,
I have implemented LyftenBloggie on a site and I am having some issues and
was hoping someone with experience with this component can enlighten me.
First, I am unsure what settings to configure for the the Access Groups.
This is what I want:
Everyone can view the blog.
Only one person (Administrator level)is making entries, but any registered
user can make a comment.
Comments are to be moderated.
I set what I thought made sense to me:
Guest:System access-yes, everything else-No
Registered:System access, Author Access,Administrator Access-Yes, all else
-No
Admin and Super Admin: Yes to everything
The other groups do not apply since there are no users in those groups.

But I have the following issues:
For a Registered User:
When  you click on Edit on the Comment form, it goes to a page that says:"No
blog entries found in category Author"
Also, if I click on Cancel on the form it returns to the same page with a
Message:"Notice-Captcha code incorrect. Please enter a comment."
Which is the same message one would get if you clicked on submit without
filling anything out.

For the Administrator,  or the one making the Entries on the front-end,  I
have the same issues as I have for the registered user, PLUS
when you click on the user menu that takes you to the Blog Entry Form, it
takes  me to a tabbed form where New Entry is highlighted...that is fine.
But if you click on the Pending Entries or My Profile tab, it takes you to
the blog page with a Message:"Error Entry #0 Not Found".
The All Entries tab is fine.

I also have a question more generic to Joomla. How do I add a module to a
page that is generated by another module or component. For example, If a
Guest tries to comment on the blog, they will go to the comment form page
which asks them to login. If you click on the login link, it takes you to a
page to log-in or register. That page has no modules on it (like
navigation). In the address bar, it has a long string following the domain
name, (
domainname.com/component/user/login?return=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5jYXBpdG9scGhvdG9pbnRlcmFjdGl2ZS5jb20vQkFTL2Jsb2cvMjAxMC8xMC8zMS82LWN1cGNha2Vz
).
I tried making an unused menu for a login page and add the nav module to it,
but it doesn't work.
Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me.
Ellen

--
Ellen Rothwax
Web Design and Development