[joomla] Meeting this month?

Gary Mort garyamort at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 13:20:55 EDT 2010

Just wanted to confirm that there will be a meeting this month on the 11th?
 Hope so since I have already scheduled my meager resources to come down
next week. :-)

Also figured I'd confirm that there will be a JoomlaDay event next month on
the fourth and fifth?  I was thinking back to the search plugin presentation
I gave and was thinking of offering a couple presentations if there is
interest in attending.

For day 1, at the "*Attendees of these workshops should be currently working
with Joomla! and be comfortable with installing components/modules...also
HTML experience is a plus!" level, I can do a presentation of "Joomla Plugin
Modding"... for the adventurous Joomla user that just needs to make a "small
tweak" to an existing plugin, an overview of what the plugin system is, how
it works, basic tools to use for editing plugins, and how to go about
figuring out what you need.*
*
*
*For day 2, at the "**These workshops will be dedicated to the 'hard core'
programmers! " level I would do a more in depth look at how component
developers can use the Joomla plugin system to create API's for their
app, extendible plugin points, etc.    Things that many developers roll
their own internally and end up making overly complicated, when Joomla
already provides a basic system to extend/enhance applications and make them
open for others to enhance.*
*
*
*Yeah, not the "sexy cool" stuff, but the basic nuts and bolts type stuff.*