[joomla] error_log in Joomla directory: "PHP Warning: PHP Startup..."

David Roth davidalanroth at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 02:02:17 EDT 2010

Thanks for the reply, Scott.

The conclusion is that in the account's php.ini, register_globals was
set to On. I'm not sure how it got turned On, because Joomla's pre-
flight checks for this to be Off and I don't go forward with an
installation of Joomla without all green. I placed a local copy of the
php.ini to that directory and changed it there. So perhaps somehow
after installation, that account's php.ini got changed. Maybe
something non-Joomla got installed and required it to be On and it got
changed.

The lesson in shared hosting, is to have a php.ini in each Joomla
directory.

David Roth