[joomla] K2 and Allvideos - How to do a Youtube thumbnail?

Stephen Britton sbritton at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 13:13:08 EST 2011

Hi David,

I am glad that K2 is working out for you.

As for AllVideos. I have never used AllVideos with K2, but AllVideos is a
very popular extension and I am sure that there is a way to fix it.

I suggest that you contact JoomlaWorks.gr, the developers of AllVideos. It
is interesting to note that  JoomlaWorks also developed K2. There should be
a way to make AllVideos work with K2.

I am also not sure about the source of your video, but if you are using
YouTube or Vimeo, you should be able to just paste the video links into the
document editor (on the side without formatting).

Let me know if you find a solution.

Best regards,

Steve

On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 4:49 AM, David Roth <davidalanroth at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyone familiar with K2 and Allvideos? I installed K2 and it looks very
> useful.  (Thanks again Stephen Britton for recommending it.) I then needed
> to install Allvideos so it would work with media.
>
> I want to be able to have embedded Youtube links with control over the
> thumbnail being displayed, but since Youtube limits your selection to three
> random video frames to act as the "poster" or thumbnail, I'd prefer to
> select my own graphic and have it displayed.
>
> So I have been checking out K2 and Allvideos. On Joomlaworks.gr they have
> as an example of a website using their Allvideos plug-in here:
> http://www.impactwrestling.com
>
> Look in the above URL and see on the right where it says Video Gallery.
> Notice how a graphic is displayed first in the youtube video before it's
> played and then it proceeds normally to play the Youtube video. That's what
> I want to be able to do, create my own graphic to display before the user
> clicks on the video.
>
> Since I'm new to K2 and Allvideos as I mentioned, it's not clear to me how
> this is being accomplished to display these Youtube videos with the
> thumbnails. I poked around a little in the HTML but that's only going to
> show me after it's been processed by the plug-ins.
>
> I've seen example code like this:
>
> {youtube}heu37ej3qs{/youtube}
>
> which embeds a Youtube player. But I've been unable to find an example of
> where a graphic image to be used as the thumbnail is being specified.
>
> Any brilliant insight to this would be greatly appreciated.
>
> David Roth

Stephen Britton
Technology Consultant
sbritton at gmail.com
Twitter: @StephenBritton
ph: 914-661-0040

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." -
George Bernard Shaw