[joomla] RocketTheme: use it with moderation

Gary Mort garyamort at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 21:34:50 EST 2011

On 2/23/2011 8:18 AM, Helvécio da Silva wrote:
> Actually, it's not a missing module issue. No extra module is
> necessary to achieve what their demo site shows. It's a bad a approach
> to a situation that could had been solved with some CSS formatting. It
> misleads us who download it, that we'll have the basics with a twist.
> Actually, it is a tweak! LOL

I have to admit that when I first saw this feature a few years ago, I
thought it was really neat only to be disappointed that the "module" as
really a special content item...  There actually ARE modules that do
this tabbed interface without depending on special content items.

That said...at the end of the day I'm completely fed up with all the
different template clubs.  Each one has made such a convoluted system in
the feature race, that you basically need to learn Joomla! + specific
template coding stuff...

One of these days....  on my crackdream list is setting up a template
library that is just basic template stuff instead of all the "cool"
features.

OTOH, Joomla Zen Garden templates may deal with this problem in 1.6
http://jzengarden.org/