[joomla] LOL, when developers revolt

forest mars compustretch at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 11:59:55 EST 2011

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 6:11 PM, Mitch Pirtle <mitch.pirtle at gmail.com>wrote:

> I still detest Git's stubborn philosophy in being cumbersome enough to
> be dangerous and anti-productive unless used exactly as intended
> though. Whatever happened to polish and panache?

Couldn't agree more. This is the single most important factor preventing me
from being a git enthusiast, as opposed to merely finding it useful.
In the world of technology & adoption, things like that tend to make a huge
difference.

VCS tend to be open source *variations* on vendor lock in. The primary
reason people don't switch is not that there isn't something better, but
that migration can be really painful for your users and suck up way too much
overhead.

my2¢,

Forest Mars
--
"In theory, theory and practice are exactly the same.
In practice, they're completely different."
The New TLDs are Here!
Switch to Name.Space: http://namespace.org/switch
Support new domains & keep free media free! Register yours today!
https://secure.name-space.com/registry