[joomla] joomla Digest, Vol 54, Issue 23

Herbert M. Tucker htucker at covenanttek.com
Sat Jul 2 12:36:17 EDT 2011

E: htucker at covenanttek.com

Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 18:19:09 -0400
From: Christopher French <chris at theendrecords.com>
To: "NYPHP SIG: Joomla" <joomla at lists.nyphp.org>
Subject: Re: [joomla] Ecommerce cart recommendations?

If you want a joomla solution
Tienda
http://dioscouri.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&
id=167&Itemid=410

If not joomla
http://www.magentocommerce.com/

Magento has a community edition, it is really powerful but ti doesn't fair
very well on cloud or some virtual hosting solutions

if you only have a cart, and very simple cms needs and a good server magento
is the way to go.

If you need more complex CMS needs, like a forum, blog, you should check out
tienda

Chris

On Jun 30, 2011, at 6:11 PM, Herbert M. Tucker wrote:

> Hi All,
> I've been working with VirtueMart on a project and running into some
> limitations. I was wondering if anybody has experience with any of the
> alternative carts such as the OpenCart ports like JHShop or JooCart?
> redShop looks interesting too but expensive.
> This project has 14,000 items, multiple inventory locations and ships
> internationally and I obviously need a robust cart to make this fly.
> Any comments or suggestions or experiences you've had with the various
> carts would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks!
> Herb
>
> Herbert M. Tucker