[joomla] Fill out form, then get a PDF downloaded?

Scott Wolpow scott at wolpow.com
Sat Jun 11 11:44:02 EDT 2011

There are quite a few ways to do this.
One way is to use RSforms and a hidden menu item. This would allow any
person who has the url to download it.
A second method would be to use a cart that allows downloads. Tienda
offers that.

But you are making a mistake demanding that people fill out a form
first. Many people use throwaway emails for this purpose.

I would send  the white paper as attachment after they give me first
name and email address (make sure you have a recaptacha) .
Use a forms module to get the basic info.
On the confirmation page I would then ask if they could provide more
details. This works better as they know feel that have gotten what they
wanted
Last thing is to place a link in the last page pdf asking what they
thought of the white paper. This way you know if tehy really read it or not.

Scott.