[joomla] changing default homepage link on Joomla 1.6

Todd toddsugi at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 13:17:21 EDT 2011

Thanks. I really like the idea of the subdirectory, it's such a simple
solution.  The flash intro is required by the client, I would prefer not to
have it either.

Todd

From:  Christopher French <chris at theendrecords.com>
Date:  Wed, 29 Jun 2011 13:06:31 -0400
To:  "NYPHP SIG: Joomla" <joomla at lists.nyphp.org>
Subject:  Re: [joomla] changing default homepage link on Joomla 1.6

I am assuming you have your intro in /index.html and you want your joomla
site to activate at index.php.

You are probably not finding a solution because this is not a good way to go
about  your problem.

fixing your home page isn't going to  fix all your problems just the first
one.

an easy solution would be to put your main site in a sub directory example

mysite.com/index.html <http://mysite.com/index.html>  (intro)
mysite.com/s/ <http://mysite.com/s/>  (joomla)

another solution is you can make the intro your joomla front page, you can
than make sure all your joomla links don't redirect users to the root,
example the logo clicking back to home.

install a  very bare template, with the intro and assign it to default menu
item.

If you are using k2, the frontpage doesn't have much  other use, because you
don't need the publish to front page.

My advice is don't use a flash intro though.

Chris