[joomla] O/T JrsyShr Keeping It Professonal

Stephen Britton sbritton at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 12:44:41 EST 2011

Our favorite MicroSofty and gracious host sponsor of Joomla Day NYC Weekend
2011, Peter Laudati aka JrzyShr, has written an excellent blog post,
"Keeping It Professional."

It covers two topics - women in technology (or the lack of, although I have
found an almost 50/50 female/male ratio working with Joomla) and the use of
profanity among developers. I have to agree that with almost every project
that I have worked on, there seems to be an abundance of people using four
letter words. I have also found that using profanity has never improved a
project and in fact, in many cases made the situation worse.

Most Joomla folks that I have been around do not use profanity (at least
not very often) and respect others, regardless of whether they are male or
female, but Peter's article is worth a read if you have a minute.
http://bit.ly/uWwoev

--
Stephen Britton
Technology Consultant
sbritton at gmail.com
Twitter: @StephenBritton
ph: 914-661-0040

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." -
George Bernard Shaw