[joomla] Joomla 1.7.3 and 1.5.25 are out and introducing the NEW NYC JUG BOARD

Stephen Britton sbritton at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 11:26:23 EST 2011

I have updated three sites to 1.7.3 from 1.7.2 and did not encounter any
problems.

Maybe there is a conflict with a third-party component or module?

I have noticed that you have to be patient when you update Joomla. Unlike
the WordPress one-click upgrades, where process happens immediately, I have
waited as long as 90 seconds for a Joomla upgrade to happen. (I cross my
fingers and hope that it doesn't time out :-)

Donna, hopefully you have a backup so you won't lose anything.

Now, I am off to upgrade a few 1.5 sites to 1.5.25

Stephen Britton
Technology Consultant
sbritton at gmail.com
Twitter: @StephenBritton