[joomla] REMINDER: Joomla NYC October meeting is this Thursday, Oct. 13th

Stephen Britton sbritton at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 23:37:58 EDT 2011

Remember the monthly meeting is at 6:30 PM on Thursday, Oct. 13th at Lincoln
Center, 146 West 65th Street. See www.joomlanyc.org for more detailed
directions.

The theme for this month is Joomla 1.7. As we all know, Joomla is on an
upgrade path that will end in early 2012 with the release of Joomla 2.5.
During this period, components and modules are being upgraded and improved,
and new ones are being introduced. Joomla's back-end has gone through some
major changes.

We are going to share our experiences with Joomla 1.7. Please bring your
experiences and questions.

Even if you continue to use Joomla 1.5 and haven't a chance to test Joomla
1.7, please join us and get a taste of the future of Joomla.

We will also have the lightening round where you can question our team of
Joomla experts.

It is also the last monthly meeting before Joomla Day NYC, Oct. 22 and Oct.
23. It would be good if all the volunteers showed up to touch base with
J-Day organizers Laura Gordon and Scott Wolpow.

Hope to see everyone on Thursday night.

All best,

Steve

--
Stephen Britton
Technology Consultant
sbritton at gmail.com
Twitter: @StephenBritton
ph: 914-661-0040

"The most important thing that I learned from Steve is to always follow your
heart. He believed that the only way to do truly great work is to adore what
you are doing." - Andy Hertzfeld, member of original Macintosh team.