[joomla] If you can read only one blog post today read this one

Stephen Britton sbritton at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 12:20:09 EDT 2011

My apologies for clogging your inbox today - I know this is the third
message - but I just read an excellent blog post by Jen Kramer and it's
worth sharing.

The post is about how some developers will take on any job regardless of
their experience, promise the client the world and yet, have no idea what
they are doing. As a result, the client often suffers and in many cases
incorrectly blames the CMS when they should blame the developer. I have
found this to be true with not only Joomla, but with WordPress and Drupal as
well.

The best way to handle a situation like this, where a potential client wants
a site that is beyond your ability, is to contact your fellow members at
Joomla NYC. Don't try to do it all and above all, be honest with the client.
Never promise what you cannot do.

http://www.compassdesigns.net/joomla-blog/how-can-joomla-ensure-that-quality-support-is-available-to-clients

--
Stephen Britton
Technology Consultant
sbritton at gmail.com
Twitter: @StephenBritton
ph: 914-661-0040

"The most important thing that I learned from Steve is to always follow your
heart. He believed that the only way to do truly great work is to adore what
you are doing." - Andy Hertzfeld, member of original Macintosh team.