[joomla] Joomla NYC September meeting update and reminder

Stephen Britton sbritton at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 10:03:34 EDT 2011

Hi Gang,

Another note about tomorrow night's Joomla NYC meeting.

Fellow Joomler Ted Shulman will be showing his latest project, floEarth.org.
The site is in the pre-launch stage and uses a wide variety of Joomla
components and modules, including JomSocial, Mosets Tree, Zoo, ProjectFork,
JoomBah Jobs, jVideoDirect Galleries, obSocialSummit, obFullTextRSS, and
much more. Ted demonstrates that you can use Joomla to make the World a
better place.

Speaking of better places, the second presenter, Elin Warring has been
working closely with the Joomla Project on the upcoming Joomla 2.5 release.
Yes, Joomla will jump from the current version 1.7 to version 2.5. Elin will
explain.

As previously announced, there will be a drawing for a one-day intensive
Joomla classroom training course from JoomlaTraining.com and taught by
Joomla NYC's own, Laura Gordon. Remember that you have to attend to win the
prize and take the class on either Tuesday, Sept. 20 (beginner) or
Wednesday, Sept. 21 (intermediate). The course will cover the latest Joomla
1.7 release. For more information visit http://www.joomlatraining.com

We will also celebrate Joomla's 6th birthday with cake and candles :-)

Remember to bring your Joomla questions for the Lightning Round.

I also want to mention that we are already working on the October, November
and December Joomla NYC meetings. If you want to present, please contact me
off list. We are always looking for folks to present interesting projects,
reviews and demos of components, modules and templates, 20-minute
how-to tutorials (like how to make a social media plug-in), etc. Basically
anything Joomla related.

The Joomla NYC Meeting is happening tomorrow - Thursday, Sept. 8 at 6:30 PM
at 146 West 65th Street. See www.joomlanyc.org for directions.

Also remember, Joomla Day NYC Weekend is Oct. 22 and 23. Register at
http://www.joomladaynyc.com

All best,

Steve

--
Stephen Britton
Technology Consultant
sbritton at gmail.com
ph: 914-661-0040

"If you want to greatly increase your chance of success, double your rate of
failure." - Tom Watson, founder of IBM.