[joomla] Blank Joomla template

Matt Thomas matt at betweenbrain.com
Tue Apr 10 16:00:33 EDT 2012

Hi Janet,

I'm the creator of the Construct Template Development Framework, one of the
The Blank template's "competitors" (we're very friendly with one another).
The Blank template is very good, quite educational and a great starting
point. Alex has also added some neat tricks to it too. You do, though, need
to flush out the Blank template's index.php and CSS files. You can see an
example of their index.php at
https://github.com/Bloggerschmidt/Blank-Template/blob/master/index.php and
their template style sheet at
https://github.com/Bloggerschmidt/Blank-Template/blob/master/css/template.css

Construct is very similar in that it provides a foundation to build on.
However, I have also fully developed the index.php, complete with a number
of module positions (i.e.
https://github.com/construct-framework/construct5/blob/master/index.php),
and a core style sheet (i.e.
https://github.com/construct-framework/construct5/blob/master/css/screen.css).
Both of which can be overridden or customized (and I have a few tricks of
my own)

I think Construct provides more of what you are looking for in comparison
with "Sandbox" for WordPress. Both should be good solutions for custom
template development depending on where you want to start.

While I haven't read it, Alex is also a very smart guy, so I'd expect his
eBook to be very good too.

Hope that helps.

Best,

Matt Thomas
Founder betweenbrain <http://betweenbrain.com/>™
Lead Developer Construct Template Development
Framework<http://construct-framework.com/>
Phone: 203.632.9322
Twitter: @betweenbrain
Github: https://github.com/betweenbrain