[joomla] NYPHP.org

Stephen Britton sbritton at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 14:31:12 EDT 2012

Good point. Thanks Matt.

I know that the Joomla group has used Google Groups of many years and yes,
one of the benefits is the messages are easy to search. Although, as I
recall, NYPHP also archives the Joomla NYC messages too.

Another benefit from using Google Groups is we could control the list and
know the number of subscribers are on it.

Steve

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 2:27 PM, Matt Thomas <matt at betweenbrain.com> wrote:

> One nice aspect of having a Google group is the web interface. That is, we
> can easily look up and link to/reference other conversations. I've found
> that to be an invaluable way to find lost knowledge.
>
> Best,
>
> Matt Thomas
> Founder betweenbrain <http://betweenbrain.com/>™
> Lead Developer Construct Template Development Framework<http://construct-framework.com/>
> Phone: 203.632.9322
> Twitter: @betweenbrain
> Github: https://github.com/betweenbrain
>

> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 2:24 PM, Stephen Britton <sbritton at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I just noticed the New York PHP, which has hosted the Joomla NYC mailing
>> list for the past five years, has removed all references to JoomlaNYC.org
>> from its website. I could not find any way to subscribe or un-subscribe
>> from this mailing list.
>>
>> I hope this is only temporary. If not, maybe we should look into
>> alternatives, like Google Groups, but I don't know if there is a way to
>> import all the members from NYPHP to Google Groups. I would like to avoid
>> asking folks to re-subscribe to this mailing list, although that might not
>> be a bad thing.
>>
>> Hopefully, this is just a temporary issue as I have heard that NYPHP is
>> upgrading it's website.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Steve
>>
>> --
>> Stephen Britton
>> Technology Consultant
>> sbritton at gmail.com
>> Twitter: @StephenBritton
>> ph: 914-661-0040
>>
>> "Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." -
>> George Bernard Shaw

>> NYPHPCon 2006 Presentations Online
>> http://www.nyphpcon.com
>>
>> Show Your Participation in New York PHP