[joomla] Joomla 2.5.1 (External URL)

Todd toddsugi at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 13:12:21 EST 2012

Yea I have tried that.  I think it's something do with the magic quotes, I
need something to over ride that specific instance.

From:  Stephen Britton <sbritton at gmail.com>
Date:  Tue, 7 Feb 2012 13:02:59 -0500
To:  "NYPHP SIG: Joomla" <joomla at lists.nyphp.org>
Subject:  Re: [joomla] Joomla 2.5.1 (External URL)

Have you tried clearing your browser cache?

That seems to fix everything Joomla these days. The admin menus on all
Joomla 1.6 to 2.5 sites that I upgraded did not work but I was able to
quickly fix the problem by just flushing out the browser cache.

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 12:59 PM, Todd <toddsugi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I updated from 1.6.2 to 2.5.1 (locally) as a test.  But noticed that my menus
> stopped working because:
> 1. the menu id were changed to classes
> 2. Because my quotes in Eternal URL ­ link were changed to '&quot;'
> I was able to update my CSS to fix the 1st issue,  but I'm not able to figure
> out how to over ride the '&quot;' to display as ".  I tried to add a '\ ' in
> front of the " but it still changed the HTML to '&quot;'

> I would like to upgrade the live site to 2.5.1 eventually because I've noticed
> it's MUCH FASTER!!!
>
> Thanks,
> Todd

Stephen Britton
Technology Consultant
sbritton at gmail.com
Twitter: @StephenBritton
ph: 914-661-0040

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." -
George Bernard Shaw