[joomla] Access Joomla and K2 component admin via android mobile phone

Stephen Britton sbritton at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 12:44:15 EST 2012

Hi Kenny,

I have never tried to view a Joomla K2 back-end on a mobile device, but you
could look at the new Admin Praise admin templates. I am not sure how well
they would work with K2.

Admin Praise has a nice back-end admin theme that works well with iPhone
and it should work fine with Android. (But remember, these screens are
small and unless he has small fingers, it is not gong to be easy to type
and upload photos.)  www.adminpraise.com

If your client wants to make their mobile friendly, they will probably need
to switch to another theme that uses media queries. JoomlaBamboo and
JoomlArt have released "responsive" themes that can be viewed on mobile
devices as well as 27-inch+ LED screens.

It also might be possible to modify his current theme with K2 into a
responsible theme using media queries but would probably require a lot of
work with CSS.

- - - Steve

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 12:08 PM, Kenny Berwager <kenny at whyknott.com> wrote:

> Hello-
> Question for everyone.....I have a client who wants to access his Joomla
> admin via an Android mobile phone. He wants to upload photos to his gallery
> and create articles etc. His site uses prodominately K2 component rather
> than the Joomla core. Do you have any extension recommendation I can use
> for this client or will this need to be custom programmed? I found several
> free extensions but nothing with K2 support so far.
>

> Kenny Berwager
> Art Director
> Whyknott Advertising
> 1204 High St., Hanover
> PA 17331
> Ph: 717.630.1240
> Fx:  717.630.1277
> http://www.whyknott.com

Stephen Britton
Technology Consultant
sbritton at gmail.com
Twitter: @StephenBritton
ph: 914-661-0040

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." -
George Bernard Shaw