[joomla] div class="footer1", where is the CSS for this?

Helvécio da Silva helvecio.rj at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 06:25:06 EST 2012

First, I'd check wether I can change this particular point through my
template's parameters. If I can't, I'd look for a way to summon my new CSS
file from in the template's parameters. No luck? I'd give it a try to
adding the following line to the head of my template:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="<?php echo $this->baseurl ?>/templates/<?php
echo $this->template ?>/css/mynewfile.css" type="text/css" />

If this doesn't work (Commercial templates can be tricky sometimes...) I'd
go to the template's support forum or support system, if it's a paid
template.

If there's a problem, there's a solution.

All the best!

2012/2/19 David Roth <davidalanroth at gmail.com>

> Thanks for the help, Helvécio. Very useful!
>
> Where is the best place to add your own custom CSS as an override for
> a commercial Joomla template so that it doesn't get wiped out by
> updates? Thanks!
>
> David Roth
>

> On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 8:18 AM, Helvécio da Silva
> <helvecio.rj at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Try this:
> >
> > In your CSS stylesheet file declare the classes and add an !important at
> the
> > end of the line. Notice the exclamation point (!) before important.
> >
> > This should override other declarations, if any.
> >
> > .footer1 {color: #F03 !important;}
> > .footer1 {color: #C00 !important;}
> >
> > 2012/2/15 David Roth <davidalanroth at gmail.com>
> >>
> >> You might not believe this, but I can't find the CSS in Joomla 2.5.1
> >> for footer1 or footer2. Is this not assigned all the time? Or is it
> >> generated with through the magic of PHP and that's making it hard to
> >> find?

> >> Reserved.</div>
> >>
> >> Assuming footer1 and footer2 isn't assigned all the time, where should
> >> it be? template.css?
> >>
> >> In case you are wondering why I want to know this, I want to be able
> >> to use a different font color for footer2. Thanks!
> >>
> >> David Roth

Helvecio "Elvis" da Silva
Rio de Janeiro - Brasil - helvecio.rj at gmail.com
http://www.helvecio.com - http://blog.helvecio.com