[joomla] mysqldump error - ' Can't create/write to file...'

David Roth davidalanroth at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 21:58:10 EST 2012

Hi Rolan.

Space doesn't seem to be an issue even /tmp has 7.1G free.

This is a strange problem, and not sure what even caused it. Could
Joomla 2.5.1 have corrupted the database? Is this a bug from a new
release of MySQL?

I did an fsck on the disks and looked in the logs, nothing wrong there either.

I just checked via admin the other Joomla installations on the same
in-house server and all of this same problem with:

500 - An error has occurred.
Missing field in the database: JTableContent   id. Missing field in
the database: JTableContent   id.

So did MySQL get hosed up on this server? Should I consider
re-installing MySQL? Thanks!

David Roth