[joomla] mysqldump error - ' Can't create/write to file...'

David Roth davidalanroth at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 22:12:11 EST 2012

Hi everyone.

Unreal, I solved the problem. I don't know how or why, but /tmp
instead of it being 1777 and owned by root and belonging to group
root, it was owned by owner 502 (no 502 on this server) and group
david. And the permissions were off too so it couldn't be written to.
502 is on another server here, with user 'david' (that's me!) is on
every server.

How this happened I don't know. This is one for the X-files.

Special Agent David ;-)