[joomla] Drupal and Joomla

Stephen Britton sbritton at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 17:08:54 EST 2012

Hi Anthony,

Have you tried Drupal yet? If not, I suggest installing it on your local
computer using MAMP or WAMP and trying it out.

The Drupal vs. Joomla debate has been going on for years and will likely
continue for a long, long time. It is not a topic that can be resolved in
10 minutes.

I don't think it is wise to spend meeting time discussing Drupal. I have
worked with both and prefer Joomla because it is easier for me to
understand and I can build sites faster. But for others say it is the
opposite.

See me after the meeting if you want to discuss Joomla further.

Best regards,

Steve

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 4:57 PM, Anthony McDonald <amac904 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am new to the group but I would like to know if 10 minutes could be put
> aside to discuss Drupal and Joomla at the next meeting.  I am new to CMSs,
> but they all seem to do the same thing (organize data with MYSQL and
> display the content in defined html <div>s).
> What I've come across in my research is the notion that Drupal is more
> powerful than Joomla. I don't think so, but beleive the:
> Drupal community is "smaller" and more "Enfranchised", and the
> Joomla community is "Larger and less Enfranchised".
> Is this by design?
> If we can start to answer this question I think it will broaden our
> approach with Joomla.
>
> New member,
> Anthony McDonald

Stephen Britton
Technology Consultant
sbritton at gmail.com
Twitter: @StephenBritton
ph: 914-661-0040

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." -
George Bernard Shaw