[joomla] Subscription standards?

Janet Sullivan jmsullivan50 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 4 11:30:15 EDT 2012

In searching through the JED for plugins, modules, etc. I notice that several commercial

offerings are available via subscription for as little as a month or two, but don't really explain
what it means to "subscribe".

Is there a general understanding within the community as to what rights come with the subscription
and what rights, (if any) persist after my subscription period is over?

I.e., Can I continue to use the software after the subscription period for websites created during the
active subsciption?  What about using the software in new sites after the expiration of the subscription?

I assume support ends and I can't get updates after the expiration of the subscription...but what about bug fixes?

Thanks to all on this forum. It makes getting started with Joomla a lot easier!

Janet Sullivan