[joomla] HTML5Boilerplate and Modernizr.com

Janet Sullivan jmsullivan50 at yahoo.com
Thu May 17 12:18:55 EDT 2012

Thanks Steve.  A couple of follow-up questions, if I may.
"The problem is Joomla 2.5's module chrome only supports XHTML"
Is this a reference to the chrome browser or does chrome refer to a joomla-ism?

I can sort of see where html5boilerplate may be a problem, but I would have thought modernizr would work because all it does is

test browser capabilities and add a bunch of classes to the CSS.  The additional classes make is easy to degrade a drop shadow, for example
to a plain border.
  "So right now, if you want to develop HTML5 sites with Joomla, you need
to work with a third party library. This involves changing a lot of the
code in com_content."
 "Although, the major template clubs are slowly rolling out HTML5 templates, notably JoomlArt and Joomla Bamboo "
             If I put these two points together, does that mean if I want to use any of the HTML5 templates from JoomlArt or Bambbo, I have a lot of work to do to change the com_content?
             I assume changing the com-content means mucking around with the php code?
             What type of third party library would I need to look for?

Thanks!

Janet Sullivan