[joomla] HTML5Boilerplate and Modernizr.com

Matt Thomas matt at betweenbrain.com
Thu May 17 12:49:55 EDT 2012

Thanks for the kind words Steve!

You hit the nail on the head, and I just wanted to add a few of points.

Joomla's module chrome (http://docs.joomla.org/Module_chrome) can
be overridden, or you can even add your own. We've created an HTML5 module
chrome for Construct5, which you can see at
https://github.com/construct-framework/construct5/blob/master/html/modules.php.
That module chrome, and all of the HTML5 overrides used in Construct5, can
also be downloaded at either
https://github.com/construct-framework/construct5/tags.

Seth's very excellent One Web uses bits and pieces from HTML5 Boilerplate
and Andy Clarke's 320 and Up (
http://stuffandnonsense.co.uk/projects/320andup/). Seth actually just
pushed a new version of One Web last night, and you can see it live at
http://joomlafuture.com/.

Most HTML5 templates come with a full, or at least fairly comprehensive,
set of overrides. So, you don't need to worry about changing com_content or
other core components or modules.

Along these lines, Joomla 3.0 will be using Bootstrap (
http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/) for the core markup, and as such,
will be HTML5.

Enjoy!

Best,

Matt Thomas
Founder betweenbrain <http://betweenbrain.com/>™
Lead Developer Construct Template Development
Framework<http://construct-framework.com/>
Phone: 203.632.9322
Twitter: @betweenbrain
Github: https://github.com/betweenbrain