[joomla] Google Results & Keywords - How do I get listed?

Scott Wolpow scott at
Fri Nov 9 19:28:25 EST 2012

There is a lot more to real SEO than the basics.

It has a lot to do with the actual content, how you write it. Placements
on the page etc.

Looking at the source code you have a lot before the any actual content.
You also do not have many inbound links from quality sites.
That is just for starters.

On 11/6/2012 11:30 AM, Geoffrey Schaller wrote:
> I've been trying to get my site to appear in Google when searching for
> certain key words, and I seem to be getting stumped - I'm showing up
> on page 2, not near the top.  Posts by myself or friends about the
> site appear before the site itself in the search results.
> The key phrases I am looking for are "larp nj" - where the term "larp"
> is the kind of activity the site is promoting (it's a kind of game /
> sport), and it's based in New Jersey.  Searching on "larp nj" turns up
> all our competitors, but not our own site.
> I've designed the site with a SEO-friendly template, filled in site
> keywords, made sure the front page has text and isn't just a splash
> page, etc. - but I can't seem to get the site to come up on results
> for those key words.
> What am I missing?  How do I get those words to trigger a better
> result with my site?
> The site itself is:
> (The odd thing is... we're one of the biggest games out of all
> our competitors, DESPITE this ranking thing.  It's more a matter of
> technical frustration at this point than a marketing issue... ;-)  )
> --
> Geoffrey Schaller
> gjschaller at <mailto:gjschaller at>
> NYPHPCon 2006 Presentations Online