[joomla] Google Results & Keywords - How do I get listed?

Scott Wolpow scott at wolpow.com
Tue Nov 13 10:28:50 EST 2012

There is so much more to SEO than what you get from most articles.
Having now started to build my own Search Engine bot, I am beginning to
create formulas to find what I want.

The results I get from an index tells me so much.

I can target a page that has what I want and I often do not get what I
want from KW.

SW
On 11/13/2012 10:12 AM, brynk wrote:

> I have enjoyed reading this thread especially since the information
> given is not only very useful but also it is honest and ethical. What
> has not been mentioned are the unethical ways to get higher ratings
> and I greatly appreciate the community for not suggesting these other
> methods. I recently had an incident with a new customer who had his
> site hosted by a Company in the mid-west. He was not happy with
> service so he called me. I created a new Joomla CMS site from the
> content and design he was using with this other company. When the new
> site went live, I noticed something pretty fascinating.  You could do
> a google search with legitimate search terms that you would expect to
> use to find his business. When you got Google search results you also
> got hits for URL's that made no sense at all such as example:
> http://(Company Name)/Rhianna.html or http://(Company Name)/
> Christiana Milan.htm. There were literally 15-20 hits listed in the
> google search results that made no sense at all. Of course, these hits
> were broken once we went live with the new site. I did not create
> redirects on the new site for these bogus url's but did for legitimate
> ones.
>
> My client was paying for SEO and high google ratings from the previous
> web company. I had to explain to him why I could not guarantee those
> same results.  I will do all I can to get a client listed as high as
> possible in search engines but I will not do the unethical redirects
> and garbage that I see people do to get higher search results. Some of
> these SEO Companies are just snake oil salesmen.  I will not charge
> and/or promise something that is basically undeliverable through
> honest means. Luckily, my new client appreciated my honesty and is not
> interested in higher search engine rankings through unethical tricks.
>
> My two cents
> Bob Rynkiewicz
>

> On 11/6/2012 11:30 AM, Geoffrey Schaller wrote:
>> I've been trying to get my site to appear in Google when searching
>> for certain key words, and I seem to be getting stumped - I'm showing
>> up on page 2, not near the top.  Posts by myself or friends about the
>> site appear before the site itself in the search results.
>>
>> The key phrases I am looking for are "larp nj" - where the term
>> "larp" is the kind of activity the site is promoting (it's a kind of
>> game / sport), and it's based in New Jersey.  Searching on "larp nj"
>> turns up all our competitors, but not our own site.
>>
>> I've designed the site with a SEO-friendly template, filled in site
>> keywords, made sure the front page has text and isn't just a splash
>> page, etc. - but I can't seem to get the site to come up on results
>> for those key words.
>>
>> What am I missing?  How do I get those words to trigger a better
>> result with my site?
>>
>> The site itself is: http://www.knightrealms.com
>>
>> (The odd thing is... we're one of the biggest games out of all
> [...]

Scott Wolpow
718 275 7765