[joomla] are these hack attempts?

Janet Sullivan jmsullivan50 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 27 07:35:26 EST 2012

I am seeing "expired links" appear in the redirects component for a redesigned/updated website
using an old domain name.  I can't figure out where the expired links are coming from, and I am
wondering if the links are possible hacks or attacks on the site?

the format of the links are
www.valid_domain_name.com/frontend/personnel/valid_name_of_staff_member.php

there is nothing on the old site or the new site with  "frontend" in the url AND the site
does not use the php extension for any of the pages.  Could this urls be some sort of attempted
attack on the site?  I haven't installed admin tools yet, but plan to do so in the next few days.
Thanks!

Janet