[joomla] are these hack attempts?

Matt Thomas matt at betweenbrain.com
Tue Nov 27 09:09:45 EST 2012

Hi Janet,

Yes, they are attempts to discover the presence of certain files to be
exploited. If you monitor your error logs closely, you'll see numerous
attempts like this every day. I wouldn't worry too much about them, but
certain tools will monitor these attempts and block the IP addresses of
repeat offenders .

By the way, my favorite is http://example.com/wp-admin

Best,

Matt Thomas
Founder betweenbrain <http://betweenbrain.com/>™
Lead Developer Construct Template Development
Framework<http://construct-framework.com/>
Phone: 203.632.9322
Twitter: @betweenbrain
Github: https://github.com/betweenbrain