[joomla] having major issues with hacking and restoring

Owain M. Baber owain.baber at mihia.co.uk
Fri Oct 19 15:57:57 EDT 2012

The reason you're getting 500 errors is because of a misconfiguration
concerning SEO friendly URLs, for example
http://www.ebrwebsitedesigns.com/the-process will result in an error 500,
http://www.ebrwebsitedesigns.com/index.php/the-process will display the page
correctly (note the index.php within the URL). It is most likely your
.htaccess file, make sure you have renamed it from htaccess.txt or if it
doesn't exist download another copy or restore it from backup.

Regards

OMB